Becoming a Taxi Operator can be a very rewarding Business/Career both financially and socially through the cultural diversity of the people using your business/service.
Getting the best skills for the job is critical to your success in your new chosen business/career as a Taxi operator.
At WA Advanced Training Academy our trainer is one of best in the state who has managed the Taxi training centre for the largest dispatch company in Perth as well as operating a taxi himself. You can be assured that his objective is to train you to the highest possible standard and give you the skills needed through his experience to become a successful Taxi Driver.
To become a Taxi Driver complete these steps:
- Attend our nationally accredited taxi operator training in Perth
- Complete an entrance assessment & obtain your Probationary Licence from Department Of Transport
- Register with your chosen dispatcher in Western Australia for a 6 month period and get approved for Mentorship
- After 6 months complete your Assessment with the Department of Transport to obtain your full taxi operator licence.
- Once you have completed the formal training with our organisation these units will be nationally recognised all over Australia.
This course will cover the following topics:
- TLIL2060A – Complete induction into the transport industry
- TLIF2072A – Comply with safety and security procedures
- TLIB2090A – Use communication systems in a taxicab
- TLIP2037A – Carry out financial transactions and maintain records
- TLIC2090A – Drive taxicab
- TLIH3004A – Identify major roads, services and attractions
- TLII2019A – Provide taxicab customer service
Be over 20 years of age and have held an unrestricted WA drivers licence for more than 3 years
Have a T extension endorsement on their drivers licence
Passed the Central institute of technology Aptitude test
All candidates must be without criminal conviction
For more information on licensing visit the Department of Transport