High Risk Work Licence Perth

High Risk Courses

WA Advanced Training Academy provides a range of courses designed for people who work in high risk environments.

You must be 18 years old or older to complete these courses 

On-Site Course Delivery

If your company wants training to happen on-site, then you will need to provide a venue that can fit 8 people, a projector screen or blank wall, and/or a white board. The venue should be big enough for the participants to sit comfortably for the duration of the training. The practical assessment will require access to the necessary equipment and tools, as well as enough time and space for participants to be assessed without interruption. Any costs associated with these requirements will be borne by your company. If you have any difficulties meeting these needs, please contact us.

If the training is conducted outside of the Perth metro area, then additional costs will be incurred. This will include air fares, travel, accommodation, meals and materials freight. Mileage will be charged at 79c (plus GST) per kilometre and travelling time at our standard rates. Please contact us for a formal quotation for courses conducted outside of Perth.

The National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work aims to facilitate the operation of a nationally uniform, competency based licensing system for persons performing certain types of high risk work.

A person also requires a high risk work (HRW) licence to perform the following work, however we DO NOT currently provide training for:

  • Scaffolding – Basic, Intermediate and Advanced
  • Rigging – Advanced
  • Hoist operation materials hoist; personnel and materials hoist
  • Vehicle mounted concrete placing boom
  • Pressure equipment operation